Click on each course for more information:
EE 477 / METEO 477
Fundamentals of Remote Sensing Systems
- Forecasters e-Wall
An electronic map wall with access to pertinent weather data.
Annotated Weather Resource List
A meteorologist's toolbox of weather and data links.
Campus Weather Service
Penn State's student run weather service
- Penn State WRF/EnKF Realtime Atlantic Hurricane Forecasting System
- A computer model to monitor the track and intensity of hurricanes, developed by Dr. Fuqing Zhang and his research group
Penn State WRF Realtime Forecasting System
Updated twice a day.
Penn State MM5 Realtime Forecasting System
Updated twice a day.
Penn State Tropical Group Models
model fields that are being used in a study examining their forecast
ability for tropical cyclogenesis in the southern hemisphere basins.
- Earth Systems Research Lab (ESRL) Operational Numerical Model Output Site
Courtesty of Mike Fiorino. Accessible only from a Penn State IP address.
Please send comments about this site to Michael.Fiorino@noaa.gov
- Pennsylvania State Climatologist
- Climate data within the state of Pennsylvania
- The Joel N. Myers Weather Center
- This is our weather station! Located on the 6th floor of Walker Building. Local weather data resources
and information about the history and purpose of the Joel N. Myers Weather Center can be found on this page.
- Weather Communications Group
- The Weather
Communications Group (WCG) is a microcosm of the three-fold mission
of the land-grant university; teaching, research and public service.
- Weather or Not
Or Not is a fun and educational weather television show created and
produced by meteorology students. The show reviews the latest in
weather-related news,provides the weekend forecast, answers common
meteorological questions, and explores how weather ties into everyday
life. A new fifteen-minute show airs on Centre County's C-NET, Channel
7, each week.
- Weather World
- Weather World is a weeknight 15-minute
weather program, which is produced from the Department of Meteorology's television studio and seen across the
Commonwealth on the Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN) and on Penn State's Public Television
A link to Bufkit data and to meteorological units, constants, and variables.