Meteorology Colloquia for Spring 2013 Semester
Unless otherwise noted, meteorology colloquia are held each Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters in the John J. Cahir Auditorium (Room 112) in Walker Building. Refreshments will be served just after the colloquium in the Joel N. Myers Weather Center.
Visitors Information Form: This form is a requirement for all Penn State visitors if Penn State will be paying for any expenses (either directly or indirectly, such as directly billed room charges).
A Non-Employee Travel Form is also required to process expenses.
- Johannes Dahl (NC State)
- On the Role of Ambient Vorticity in Ground-Level Rotation within Simulated Supercells Wed Feb 27, 2013 03:30 PM
- Hugh Morrison (Mesoscale and Microscale Division National Center for Atmospheric Research)
- Improvements and remaining challenges in the parameterization of microphysics and its impact on deep convection Wed Mar 13, 2013 03:30 PM
- Ray Ban (Ban & Associates/AMS/TWC)
- Weather Enterprise Consensus Building Conference Mon Mar 18, 2013 03:30 PM
- Morris Weisman (Senior Scientist, NCAR/NESL/MMM)
- "The 8 May 2009 "Super Derecho": Analysis of a 3 km WRF-ARW Realtime Forecast" Wed Mar 20, 2013 03:30 PM
- Emily Fischer (Harvard University, Center for the Environment)
- Teary Eyes to Blue Skies: A global source attribution for Peroxyacetyl nitrate (PAN) Wed Apr 03, 2013 03:30 PM
- CANCELLED -- William Capehart (South Dakota School of Mines)
- CANCELLED - "A Confidence Index for assessing risk in numerical weather prediction forecasts" Wed Apr 10, 2013 03:30 PM
- Dr. Brian Toon (Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences University of Colorado, Boulder)
- "Towards an Improved Understanding of the Tropical Tropopause Transition Layer" Wed Apr 17, 2013 03:30 PM
- Ron Gird (Outreach Program Manager -- NWS | NOAA | Department of Commerce )
- The Young Meteorologist Program and Beyond Wed Apr 24, 2013 03:30 PM