Meteorology Colloquia for Fall 2013
Unless otherwise noted, meteorology colloquia are held each Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters in the John J. Cahir Auditorium (Room 112) in Walker Building. Refreshments will be served just after the colloquium in the Joel N. Myers Weather Center.
Visitors Information Form: This form is a requirement for all Penn State visitors if Penn State will be paying for any expenses (either directly or indirectly, such as directly billed room charges).
A Non-Employee Travel Form is also required to process expenses.
Meteorology Visitor Schedules (requires password to access)
- "Meet and Greet" Aug 28
- Wednesday August 28, 2013 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Room 529 Walker Wed Aug 28, 2013 03:30 PM
- No Seminar Scheduled - 9/4
- Regularly Scheduled Seminars will resume in September 25th Wed Sep 04, 2013 03:30 AM
- No Seminar Scheduled - 9/11
- Regularly Scheduled Seminars will resume September 25th Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 AM
- Undergraduate Students/Faculty/Staff "Meet and Greet"
- All Meteorology undergraduate students, faculty, and research and administrative staff are encouraged to attend Wed Sep 18, 2013 03:30 PM
- No Seminar Scheduled - 9/25
- Regularly scheduled seminars will resume Wednesday, October 2 Wed Sep 25, 2013 03:30 PM
- Grant Weller (Carnegie Mellon University, Department of Statistics)
- Title: "Bivariate Extreme Value Analyses of NARCCAP Precipitation Extremes" Wed Oct 02, 2013 03:30 PM
- William Capehart (South Dakota School of Mines - Department of Atmospheric Sciences)
- Title: "A Confidence Index for assessing risk in numerical weather prediction forecasts" Wed Oct 09, 2013 03:30 PM
- Jeff Anderson (NCAR)
- Title: Ensemble Data Assimilation, Prediction and Uncertainty Quantification Wed Oct 16, 2013 03:30 PM
- Sonia Kreidenweis (Colorado State)
- Title: "Biomass burning as a source of cloud-active particles" Wed Oct 23, 2013 03:30 PM
- Xianglei Huang (University of Michigan)
- Title: "Longwave band-by-band flux and cloud radiative effect: derivation, validation, and application in GCM evaluation and cloud feedback studies" Wed Oct 30, 2013 03:30 PM
- Judah Cohen (Atmospheric and Environmental Research)
- Has a Warming Arctic Contributed to Colder Winter Weather in the Northern Hemisphere Mid-latitudes? Wed Nov 06, 2013 03:30 PM
- Jayantha Obeysekera (South Florida Water Management District)
- Implications of Climate Change and Sea Level Rise on Water Resources Management in South Florida Wed Nov 13, 2013 03:30 PM
- Gabrielle Wong-Parodi (Carnegie-Mellon University)
- "Communicating extreme weather: An evidence based approach." Wed Nov 20, 2013 03:30 PM
- Allison Wing (MIT, Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Science)
- Physical Mechanisms Controlling Self-Aggregation of Convection in Idealized Modeling Simulations Wed Dec 11, 2013 03:30 PM