Geophysical Union - Job Listings
Only accessible by AGU members. The Job Listings include the positions available and student opportunities as published in the most recent issues of Eos. The listings are updated weekly, on Tuesdays.
- American Meteorological Society - Employment Announcements Online
This is a partial listing of employment opportunities posted in the latest edition of the AMS Employment Announcements. A paper subscription of all announcements is available for purchase through the AMS.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - Career Network
On-line job listings from previous editions of The Chronicle of Higher Education. Current listings available on a subcription basis.
- Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences - Employment Opportunities
- On-line listing of professional and student job openings with CIRES at The University of Colorado.
On-line database of job opportunities for climate/atmospheric scientists, remote sensing/GIS staff, geoscientists, geotechnical engineers, oceanographers, environmental scientists and hydrographers in the academic, upstream oil and gas, civil and mining sectors with particular focus on North America, the UK, Europe, Africa and Pacific Rim. The service is free to browsers.
- The Environmental Careers Organization (ECO)
The Environmental Careers Organization (ECO) is a national, non-profit, educational organization. ECO's mission is to protect and enhance the environment through the develoment of professionals, the promotion of careers, and the inspiration of individual action. Their website offers information internships, career advice, career products, and research and consulting. The service is free to browsers.
- An employment site for those looking for jobs in the energy sector. Owned by a former Penn Stater.
- USAJobs - Federal Jobs Database
- This database allows you to search abstracts of open U.S. Federal Government Jobs.
- GeoWeb Jobs - Hire Rocket
- Job listing service - all types of jobs can be found here.
- The Jobsites List
Roger Brugge's collection of web pages known to carry job advertisements in meteorology and related disciplines from time to time.
- MET-JOBS mailing list archive
- On-line archive of postings to the MET-JOBS mailing list maintained by Ted Smith.
- MET-JOBS mailing list
- A meteorology mailing list to post and view job vacancies maintained by Roger Brugge at the University of Reading in the UK.
Free web-based employment service which allows you to manage your career any time, from anywhere, search job listings, track job searches, store resumes and cover letters, and connect to a global careers community. Chat with experts, post to message boards and access online career tools.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) - Job Opportunities
- On-line listing of job openings at NASA. Jobs Listed by NASA Center.
- NOAA listings at USA Jobs
The U.S. Government's official site for jobs and employment information provided by the United States Office of Personnel Management.
- NOAA's Workforce Management Office
- Find out about jobs, careers, and NOAA as an employer.
- National Weather Association - Job Corner
- The NWA maintains a free list of weather related jobs from equal opportunity employers.
- The New Scientist - sciencejobs database
- A comprehensive
listing of current scientific, technological and academic vacancies.
- Thingamajob Science Jobs Database
- Search the scientific jobs in your area by browsing through our job listings.
- Science Jobs.com
- Job opportunities for people in the profession of science.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science offers a variety of career-related services and information, including a searchable database of the Science Classified Advertisements
While many of the sites above offer multi disciplinary listings, the following sites are suitable for those seeking employment as broadcast meteorologists and weathercasters.
- American Broadcast Talent
A company that assists meteorologists in putting together a resume tape that will get them a on air job in television.
- Broadcast Employment Services - TVJobs
Post a resume or search 12 databases of broadcast-related job listings. Information contained in these databases are listed by date of submission. You can also filter or narrow your search by Job Category, Job Location, a Specific State or a Specific Affiliation.
A resource to those seeking employment in television news, production and promotion. Job openings are listed on their voicemail and internet system (MediaLine) and made available to their subscribers.
- Shop Talk
A free electronic newsletter for the Broadcast Television industry which often contains announcements of job openings for Broadcast Meteorologists. This website offers the current edition as well as a link to an archive of previous editions.
- Talent Dynamics
- Offers many resources you can access on-line including agent listings, resume tips and job postings.
- AccuWeather, Inc.
- General Sciences Corporation
- MDA Federal, Inc. (formerly Earth Satellite Corporation)
- Meridian Environmental Technology
- Risk Management Solutions (RMS)
- The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
- Wilkens Weather Technologies, Inc.
Companies/Agencies Employment Links