Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Tue Mar 18, 2014 07:30 PM Pam Soule - PSUBAMS Emergency Management Tuesday, March 18th in 103 Walker at 7:30pm: Emergency Management
- Wed Mar 19, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium John Orlando (NCAR) Laboratory Studies of Hydrocarbon Oxidation Mechanisms under Atmospheric Conditions
- Fri Mar 21, 2014 02:30 PM Thesis Defense Jennifer Van Der Horn--MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Variation in the mass-dimensional coefficients for mixed phase arctic clouds"
- Tue Mar 25, 2014 07:30 PM PSUBAMS - Guest Speakers Tuesday, March 25th in 22 Deike at 7:30pm: Public/Private/Academia Sector Q&A
- Wed Mar 26, 2014 08:00 AM Grad Talk Ryan Stauffer -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Self-Organizing Map Classification of Ozonesondes at Four Long-Term U.S. Sites"
- Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Ben Shaby (PSU Statistics Department) "Model-based Empirical Orthogonal Functions for Separating Scales of Variation"
- Wed Apr 02, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Greg Thompson (NCAR) A study of aerosol impacts on clouds and precipitation development in a large winter cyclone
- Wed Apr 09, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Frank Kelly (Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center) Sustaining Earth Observations Over 40 Years
- Graduate Student News
- THON dancers and chairs featured on ABC World News Penn State's Water Polo team will be featured on ABC's World News with Diane Sawyer. Allison Lederer (senior Meteorology) and THON fundraising chair will be interviewed Feb 25, 2014
- WeatherBrains features Yvette Richardson (November 11, 2013) Featured guest on WeathBrains is Dr. Yvette Richardson, Associate Professor at Penn State University. Nov 15, 2013
- Endowment established for weather analysis and forecasting A graduate of meteorology and his wife recently pledged $250,000 to the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences’ Department of Meteorology to support faculty contributions to teaching, research and public service. Nov 08, 2013
- 2014 AMS Opportunities - fellowships, scholarships, and travel funds. "The AMS is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the 2014 AMS fellowship and scholarship programs and the 94th AMS Annual Meeting travel opportunities." Oct 15, 2013
- The Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowships (STEM) The Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship, now offered in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and New Jersey, seeks to attract talented, committed individuals with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) backgrounds into teaching in high–need secondary schools. Sep 23, 2013
- Southeast Atmosphere Study (SAS): Unlocking Air Pollution Secrets and the Impacts on Climate Change SAS, a joint project among the National Science Foundation, the Environmental Protection Agency, Penn State University, and 30 other US and International Research Institutions, is the largest U.S. air quality study in decades Jun 14, 2013
- Climatologist Ronald Stouffer honored with Penn State Alumni Fellow Award Ronald J. Stouffer (’76, '77g, Earth and Mineral Sciences) senior research climatologist and head of the Climate and Ecosystems Group at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was honored with the lifelong title of Penn State Alumni Fellow. Dec 11, 2012