Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Mon Apr 28, 2014 08:00 AM Technical English Exam Talks Eleven of our graduate students will give oral presentations as part of their Technical English Exam on Monday, April 28th at 8:00 am in 529 Walker. These talks are open to all who would like to attend.
- Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 AM Thesis Defense Kyle Imhoff -- MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "ENSO Influence on Atlantic Basin Tropical Cyclone Regional Landfall Counts"
- Wed Apr 30, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Aijun Deng (AJ) (Research Associate, Penn State Department of Meteorology) A New Shallow/Deep Convection Parameterization and Its Preliminary Testing in WRF.
- Fri May 02, 2014 09:00 AM Thesis Defense Stephanie Hay -- MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) 'A global analysis of the atmospheric available energy and its trends"
- Graduate Student News
- THON dancers and chairs featured on ABC World News Penn State's Water Polo team will be featured on ABC's World News with Diane Sawyer. Allison Lederer (senior Meteorology) and THON fundraising chair will be interviewed Feb 25, 2014
- WeatherBrains features Yvette Richardson (November 11, 2013) Featured guest on WeathBrains is Dr. Yvette Richardson, Associate Professor at Penn State University. Nov 15, 2013
- Endowment established for weather analysis and forecasting A graduate of meteorology and his wife recently pledged $250,000 to the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences’ Department of Meteorology to support faculty contributions to teaching, research and public service. Nov 08, 2013
- 2014 AMS Opportunities - fellowships, scholarships, and travel funds. "The AMS is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the 2014 AMS fellowship and scholarship programs and the 94th AMS Annual Meeting travel opportunities." Oct 15, 2013
- The Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowships (STEM) The Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship, now offered in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and New Jersey, seeks to attract talented, committed individuals with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) backgrounds into teaching in high–need secondary schools. Sep 23, 2013
- Southeast Atmosphere Study (SAS): Unlocking Air Pollution Secrets and the Impacts on Climate Change SAS, a joint project among the National Science Foundation, the Environmental Protection Agency, Penn State University, and 30 other US and International Research Institutions, is the largest U.S. air quality study in decades Jun 14, 2013
- Climatologist Ronald Stouffer honored with Penn State Alumni Fellow Award Ronald J. Stouffer (’76, '77g, Earth and Mineral Sciences) senior research climatologist and head of the Climate and Ecosystems Group at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was honored with the lifelong title of Penn State Alumni Fellow. Dec 11, 2012