Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 PM Seminar/Talk Jon Nese - Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing (Associate Head, Undergraduate Program in Meteorology; Senior Lecturer in Meteorology at Penn State) Associate Head, Undergraduate Program in Meteorology; Senior Lecturer in Meteorology at Penn State
- Thu Mar 05, 2015 01:00 PM Thesis Defense Benjamin Green -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Improving Numerical Weather Forecasts of Tropical Cyclones Through a Better Understanding of Surface and Boundary Layer Processes"
- Fri Mar 06, 2015 08:30 AM Thesis Defense Junhong Wei -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Gravity waves in moist baroclinic jet-front systems"
- Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:00 AM Thesis Defense Dandan Tao -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Dynamics and Predictability of Tropical Cyclones under Vertical Wind Shear"
- Wed Mar 18, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Sonia Lasher-Trapp (University of Illinois) The Enhanced Production of Ice in Tropical Cumuli
- Wed Mar 25, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Dave Lewellen (University of West Virginia) "Near-Surface Tornado Dynamics"
- Wed Apr 01, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Kim Prather (UC San Diego) "From Flood to Drought: How Do Atmospheric Aerosols Affect Our Climate?"
- Wed Apr 08, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Alex Schenkman (University of Oklahoma)
- Graduate Student News
- Fall 2015 Hertz Graduate Fellowships The Hertz Foundation invites applications for Fall 2015 Graduate Fellowships in Applied Physical, Biological, or Engineering Sciences Oct 27, 2014
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014
- Climate Change Is A Growing National Security Concern, Say Retired Military Leaders A report released Tuesday from an advisory group of retired U.S. military leadership echoes the findings of other recent reports on climate change: It is real, it is already happening and it poses major threats to the U.S. and the rest of the world. May 29, 2014