Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Thu Aug 14, 2014 01:00 PM Grad Talk Erin Munsell -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Dynamics and predictability of tropical cyclones evaluated through convection-permitting ensemble analysis and forecasts with airborne radar and sounding observations"
- Fri Aug 15, 2014 01:00 PM Grad Talk Christopher Melhauser -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Understanding the Practical Predictability of Tropical Cyclones: Impact of Observations, Data Assimilation Strategy, and Forecast Model on the Prediction of Hurricane Karl (2010)"
- Graduate Student News
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014
- Climate Change Is A Growing National Security Concern, Say Retired Military Leaders A report released Tuesday from an advisory group of retired U.S. military leadership echoes the findings of other recent reports on climate change: It is real, it is already happening and it poses major threats to the U.S. and the rest of the world. May 29, 2014
- Penn State's Storm Chase Team applies classroom lessons in the field May 13, 2014