Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Wed Apr 29, 2015 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Sharan Majumdar (University of Miami) Predictability and Probabilistic Verification of Tropical Cyclogenesis
- Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:00 PM Grad Talk Y. Qiang Sun -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State ) "Dynamics and Predictability of Mesoscale Gravity Waves in Moist Baroclinic Jet-front Systems and its Parameterization in the GCMs"
- Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:30 PM Seminar/Talk Rich Grumm - Final Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing of the Spring
- Fri May 01, 2015 09:00 AM Grad Talk Alexis Hoffman -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) Understanding the impact of mineral aerosols on agricultural productivity
- Fri May 01, 2015 02:00 PM Grad Talk Hans Chen -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Variability and dynamics of severe winter weather events at northern mid-latitudes due to Arctic sea-ice loss"
- Mon May 04, 2015 08:00 AM Grad Talk Michael (Yue) Ying -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Convection-permitting modeling, data assimilation and predictability of tropical multi-scale convective systems during the initiation of the MJO active phase"
- Oct 17, 2015 to Oct 22, 2015 2015 NWA Annual Meeting Oct. 17-22, 2015– Oklahoma City, OK
- Graduate Student News
- Fall 2015 Hertz Graduate Fellowships The Hertz Foundation invites applications for Fall 2015 Graduate Fellowships in Applied Physical, Biological, or Engineering Sciences Oct 27, 2014
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014
- Climate Change Is A Growing National Security Concern, Say Retired Military Leaders A report released Tuesday from an advisory group of retired U.S. military leadership echoes the findings of other recent reports on climate change: It is real, it is already happening and it poses major threats to the U.S. and the rest of the world. May 29, 2014