Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Information for future students >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:30 AM Thesis Defense Brittany Recker -- MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Statistical Post-Processing of SPC Outlooks to Add Value for the Insurance Industry"
- Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:30 PM Seminar/Talk Alan Reppert- Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing (Forecaster, AccuWeather) Forecaster, AccuWeather
- Dec 03, 2014 to Dec 04, 2014 EMS Undergraduate Poster Exhibition Wednesday, December 3, 2014 Ground Floor Deike Building
- Wed Dec 03, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium Marcelo Chamecki (PSU Meteorology) Large-Eddy Simulation of Oil Dispersion in the Ocean Mixed Layer
- Fri Dec 05, 2014 03:30 PM Thesis Defense Anna Schneider--MS Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Use of Spatial Statistics in Precipitation Climatology and Model Evaluation"
- Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:30 PM Seminar/Talk Rich Grumm - Ken Reeves Memorial Weather Briefing (Science and Operations Officer State College National Weather Service Office) Science and Operations Officer State College National Weather Service Office
- Wed Dec 10, 2014 03:30 PM Meteorology Colloqium David Mitchell (Desert Research Institute)
- Tue Jan 06, 2015 06:00 PM Alumni Reception at the AMS Annual Meeting Get together with your Penn State Meteorology family at AMS!
- Graduate Student News
- Fall 2015 Hertz Graduate Fellowships The Hertz Foundation invites applications for Fall 2015 Graduate Fellowships in Applied Physical, Biological, or Engineering Sciences Oct 27, 2014
- Stampede supercomputer helps researchers design and test improved hurricane forecasting system Fuqing Zhang and a team of weather modelers at Penn State University have created an improved method of hurricane forecasting Jun 26, 2014
- Scientists Predict Increased Rain, Floods for Northeast Residents of New England and the Mid-Atlantic states will experience increased rainfall and floods if data analysis by a Penn State meteorologist and long-term projections by a fisheries biologist, with a specialty in surface water pollution, are accurate. Jun 24, 2014
- Conditions at Penn State Weather Camp: Mostly curious UNIVERSITY PARK — Bill Syrett counted down, and more than 40 pairs of eyes turned to the clouds. Jun 24, 2014
- Six Things Michael Mann Wants You to Know About the Science of Global Warming There is nothing controversial about the work of climatologist Michael Mann, director of Penn State’s Earth System Science Center. Jun 13, 2014
- Battle stations for an ice-free Arctic The summer seas around the North Pole could be ice-free in 15 years. Rear Admiral David Titley was given the task of working out what that meant for the US Navy. He talks with Elizabeth Finkel. Jun 04, 2014
- Climate Change Is A Growing National Security Concern, Say Retired Military Leaders A report released Tuesday from an advisory group of retired U.S. military leadership echoes the findings of other recent reports on climate change: It is real, it is already happening and it poses major threats to the U.S. and the rest of the world. May 29, 2014