Penn State and several other institutions collaborate to study air quality in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. (Left to right) Jake Zenker (Penn State), Kevin Sanchez (Penn State), John Moore (Jackson State University), Jose D Fuentes (Penn State), and Ricardo Sakai (Howard University).Future students enter here >>
- Graduate Student Events
- Fri May 24, 2013 10:00 AM Thesis Defense Alex Kowaleski - MS Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Sensitivity of Tropical Cyclone Potential Intensity to Observed Near-Surface Conditions"
- Thu Jun 06, 2013 01:00 PM Grad Talk Tyler McCandless -- PhD Oral Comprehensive Exam (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Forecasting Short Term Solar Radiation using Statistical Guidance Methods"
- Tue Jun 18, 2013 08:00 AM Thesis Defense Laura McGowan—MS Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Sources of variability in atmospheric CO2 in an urban environment"
- Wed Jun 19, 2013 09:00 AM Thesis Defense Chris Nowotarski -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Simulating Supercell Thunderstorms in a Convective Boundary Layer: Effects on Storm and Boundary Layer Properties"
- Thu Jun 20, 2013 09:30 AM Thesis Defense Ryan Hastings -- PhD Thesis Defense (Penn State, Department of Meteorology) "Mergers between supercells and ordinary cells in simulations and observations"
- Graduate Student News
- Sunny forecast: Meteorology scholar, Hailey Mitchell, predicts bright future And while her study abroad experiences have taken her around the globe, from Switzerland to South Africa, jet-setting isn't Hailey's favorite memory from her time at Penn State. "The memories that I have at 2 a.m. in the weather station, joking around with my colleagues – those have been the best times," Hailey said. Apr 04, 2013
- Climatologist Ronald Stouffer honored with Penn State Alumni Fellow Award Ronald J. Stouffer (’76, '77g, Earth and Mineral Sciences) senior research climatologist and head of the Climate and Ecosystems Group at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was honored with the lifelong title of Penn State Alumni Fellow. Dec 11, 2012
- Two Meteorology graduate students give award winning presentations at AMS Conference 26th AMS Conference on Severe Local Storms Nov 12, 2012
- Attention Students! New federal rules on student aid eligibility Penn State students receiving financial aid could lose all eligibility for college funding if they fail to complete 67 percent of their attempted credits each semester. Sep 30, 2011
- Penn State Meterorology students awarded 2011 American Meteorological Society scholarships/fellowships Four Penn State students awarded American Meteorological Society scholarships/fellowships Jul 26, 2011
- Peter B. Wagner Memorial Award for Women in Atmospheric Sciences Our own, Maria Cazorla (Ph.D. 2010), was the recipient of this award in 2010! Deadline is April 15, 2011. The award carries a $1500 prize. Mar 04, 2011
- Forty three meteorology students attend annual American Meteorological Society conference This was the largest group of student attendees from Penn State and represented one percent of the overall attendees at the conference. Students are members of the Penn State Branch of the AMS (PSUBAMS), Campus Weather Service, and the meteorology honors society, Chi Epsilon Pi. Feb 16, 2011